Tuesday, May 14, 2013

20th Birthday Celebration


Sunday, May 12th was my 20th Birthday! I had an amazing day that started out with me refereeing a football game for my friend. Adam, Chance and I went to the football field around eleven o'clock and we sat outside in the sun for a while, waiting for all of the boys to show up for their game. It was so much fun to boss a group of thirty plus boys around! 


My best bud, Adam


After the football game Adam, Chance and I went to go pick up Lily. Chance and I waited in the car while Adam ran in to get her and change his clothes because we were planning to go hiking after we picked up lunch.

Chance's face as he waited for Lily


We drove to State Line Road and picked up Chipotle for lunch! We got three extremely yummy burritos and then drove to Minor Park. We ate our lunch at the park to kill an hour before my hiking party. 






The hounds staring at Adam and I while we ate

During lunch my burrito fell apart and I asked Adam to go see if there was a fork or something in my car to eat with. He came back with a roll of duct-tape and said, "We can duct-tape a stick and you can use that!" I laughed my head off picturing myself eating Chipotle with a duck-taped stick. He thought his idea was genius! I thought it was ridiculous and decided to eat the extra burrito we'd gotten and save the messy one for dinner. 

After about an hour of eating, putting sun screen on and watching people my friends began to show up for my hiking party! 


Karlynn with her double glasses! Super cute

Leah putting my Nikes on to go hiking; yet she ended up using her flats




We hiked to one of my favorite places along the Blue River trail. It's a little beach area that is down off the trail. It's the perfect place for Chance to go swimming and the perfect place to sit and talk! 








Leah, Brianna and Dondria hanging out 




After everyone left Adam, the dogs and I went to McDonalds and grabbed a McFlurry and a sundae and headed back to my place for dinner and a movie. We finished the Chipotle and had ice cream while we watched Wreck It, Ralph. 

Tired pup on the way home





The tired pups at the end of a long, but super fun day!




I really enjoyed spending time with all of my friends, even though it was a hard day. Sunday was also Mother's Day and I lost my mother almost four years ago. She's with Jesus, but it was hard having to very big days meshed into one. I missed Mom, but I knew she was smiling down on me as I hiked and laughed and enjoyed the sunny day.

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday really special!

Favorite picture of the day 



No comments:

Post a Comment