Monday, June 17, 2013

Big Changes in a Little Time

This past month has been a whirlwind! I feel like I have been running around, not stopping and not even having time to breathe. I moved out of my apartment in Kansas City, with the help of my little brother Luke and Nana, my grandmother. It was a long couple days loading the suburban up with all of my stuff, leaving only enough room for Chance and Luke to sit in the back. We had things stuffed in every open area we could find! We drove from Kansas City to Galena, Ohio in twelve hours, including all the stops. I was pretty impressed with the team work I had with my family. We did such a good job. One of the main reasons we hustled back to Ohio was because I was picking up Trinity the next day!

On Friday, May 24th I drove two and a half hours to Hillsboro, Ohio to pick up Trinity. Nana, Tyler and Luke came along with me and I gave them directions for when we first saw Trinity. I read in one of Cesar Millan's books that when you're picking up your puppy you need to make no eye contact, don't touch and behave like you're the pack leader. Pack leaders do not go up to the lower members of the pack and greet them. The lower members of the pack come up to the alpha dog. I wanted Trinity to know that all humans were above her; we were her pack leaders.

We arrived at 3PM to pick up my new puppy. I finally met Zandra, the wonderful woman who raised Trinity for me and I finally met my dog! Zandra came out and opened the door for Trinity to come meet us. She was very shy at first, but I waited until she finally came up to me. When she did, I bent down and let her smell me, then I picked her up and allowed Luke to pet her and meet her too. Zandra and I signed papers and then, finally, Trinity was mine! Zandra said goodbye to Trinity and then I loaded my puppy into the car and we made our two hour ride home.

Meeting Zandra for the first time

Finally holding my baby 

Zandra saying goodbye. It was a bittersweet moment









No comments:

Post a Comment